Wednesday, July 6, 2016

1st day of Eid...or Aidilfitri in Malaysia (my family)

Assalamualaikum wbt to all my Muslim friends & Good day to all,

Today is the first day celebration of Aidilfitri for the month of Syawal (Islamic Calendar). Goodbye "barakah" Ramadhan 2016...though a lot of 'unexpected' things happened and not according to plan this year, but I'm thankful for everything and lessons to learn. Hopefully, what meant to be understood of all events will be "something good" to me and my family.



This year, my family and I celebrate Aidilfitri in our hometown home in Kedah. It's a state up the northern region in Malaysia, nearby Thailand. We spend the  whole day today at home since our grandma is here at my house and my mom's brothers and family celebrating with us all. Suddenly, today I could tolerate with "the more the merrier spirit".Sometimes, I get clusterphobic when too many people come to my house. But while I was a Broadcast Journalist, I don't feel this even though I always visit public places of different events everyday. Strange huh?! I guess, maybe it's the home environment feelings or something...


Back to "the more the merrier spirit", this is what people say, when you work together as a team, you are stronger. Something heavy or burden becomes lighter or easier to handle. This also applies to other aspects in life. I am talking about 'handling' my grandma's situation, who is unable to walk for the past few years and having mild alzeimer. My dad has been the one taking too much charge on taking care of her. Pity him though...this is because due to his age factor as well and I'm really concern about his health. Plus this is only his mother in law. And it is not easy handling her everyday for shower etc. Anyways, that's life huh? Some children just don't even have the 'team spirit' of showing responsibilities to cooperate with each other even for their own mom. I foresee, this things happen a lot in the society in Malay cultures. Not giving enough love, time, money, cooperations even among siblings...which are only simple and 'must' things to do in life! It is easy but hard to do. Funny, for a mother to raise up all of them back then the parents never cared even it was filled with burdens. Anyways, I hope and pray that things can change for good, that's all. Fairness!


Anyways, since this time is a time of family spirit, I hope things can change for the better. For all of us, hopefully this story can be an example for us to do our best for our parents while they are still alive. Life is once in this life but what we do here will be counted forever. Mother is the 'key' to heaven, same as Father.





No comments:

Post a Comment